Because you joined, anytime-education is available to you.
Continuous learning means you are always learning—no matter what.
Of late, no doubt, you’ve been learning things that weren’t necessarily on your learning plan for 2020.
Have you learned how to manage branch operations in a new way? Or maybe about how to more efficiently educate your members about your credit union’s online service delivery options to avoid the spread of coronavirus?
Hats off to you.
Hopefully, this situation will simmer down quickly, so you’ll be able to do more of your planned learning for the year. Fortunately, as a CUES member, you have anytime-access to many high quality online education opportunities—all of which support the current need for “social distancing.”
When you’re ready to do non-coronavirus-related learning, these digital learning resources are available to all CUES members:
- CUES Learning Portal. CUES members can use this portal to find and consume quality content, either through keyword search or curated learning pathways. It can also be used to track your learning.
- CUESNet. In this online community, CUES members learn from each other. They ask and answer questions, plus share useful documents, such as this pandemic policy.
- Guide to Effective Mentorship. This offers practical tools and ideas for building strong, effective mentor relationships, plus tips on how to find a good match in a mentor.
- Welcome to CU Leadership Guide. Use this resource to help you embark on your career in credit unions—or give it to the new executive on your team.
- Director Education Center. This will help your board boost its competency on critical topics with continually updated, interactive courses.
- Webinars. Learn anywhere, anytime with live or recorded educational sessions on hot topics led by industry experts.
- CUmanagement.com. Comprised of both public and members-only articles, our magazine’s website includes relevant and timely articles, blogs, podcasts and videos for credit union leaders—plus the digital edition of each print issue.
Unlimited members can access all of the above plus:
- Leadership Development Guide. This is designed to help you develop your leadership pipeline by learning how to identify high potential future leaders and the skills they’ll need. With these discoveries in hand, you can help your future leaders realize their potential.
- Director Onboarding Toolkit. This guide explains a board member’s roles and responsibilities, covers credit union philosophy, and discusses board best practices. It’s a must for new board members.
- Elite Access™ Virtual Classroom. This classroom is special—it’s the closest thing to in-person learning, online! You can talk and interact with peers and experts, problem-solve, and build relationships, right from your desk.
Unlimited+ members can access all of the above plus:
- Compensation surveys. Use these to attract and retain well-qualified staff at every level by benchmarking your organization’s compensation against that of others. CUES Unlimited+ members have access to both executive and non-executive positions thanks to CUES Executive Compensation Survey and CUES Employee Salary Survey.
- Governance+. Easily deliver premium, in-depth education to all of your directors with this board-excellence benefit. With pre-designed, multi-step, digital learning pathways provide exclusive, this deep director competency training features timely, relevant content from subject matter experts.
- Board Governance Assessment. Quickly and concisely gather honest feedback from all board members on such key areas of governance as board structure and composition, fiduciary oversight, and leadership culture. Results from this anonymous, online assessment will help your board build an agenda of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for it to prioritize and address.
All of us hope that social distancing is effective and that the pandemic is over as soon as possible. Keep learning through the crisis by leveraging your CUES membership benefits to do digital learning so you’ll be primed and ready to return to the full range of learning options later on. I look forward to seeing you at a future CUES event.
Jimese Harkley, J.D., CUDE, is VP/membership at CUES.